Monday, May 3, 2010

At the rest stop
My picnic lunch!

I was on a bridge!! AND it was raining!! Yikes!!


This is me heading out of town!



Well I made it to Pensacola!! I drove about 7 hours and 450 miles. That was better then I thought I would do! I stopped at a nice rest stop for my lunch. I had my picinic lunch outside under nice big trees with the wind blowing and birds singing...so peaceful!!
And I did pretty well until 5pm when it started to rain....It poured!! I ended up having such a bad panic attack (I saw a car accident on the side of the road and freaked out that it could have been me) that I pulled into a rest stop for about 40 minutes to wait for it to let up.....And even though that held me up, I was determined to get to Pensacola! And since I was already in the Central time zone (freaky huh??) and gained the hour, I pressed on....So I am now sitting in a Comfort Suite after having Hardees for dinner (wanted Cracker Barrel but they were just too busy) So after I post this and finish my fruit cup for dessert, I am off to shower and bed. So tired!! Very stressful day, but I feel so good that I have made it this far!! 1 day down, just 2 to go!! Missing you so much baby!!
Thank you Stacey for the mantra.....keep your eye on the prize....eye on the prize...I needed it today driving in the rain!! :) Enjoy my pics!

5 comments:

Crop Circles said...

I am soooo proud of you baby!!!! You did great!

Dalovely Damanda said...

I was just going to write the same thing...I am so proud of you too!!! You're doing great and I LOVE seeing the pics and reading the update! Can't wait to read more about your trip tomorrow! Drive safely and enjoy the journey!!! :)

Marianna said...

You rock!!!!!!! very proud of you too! I'm so glad you are keeping us updated... I can't wait to read and see more. Only two more days!

julie h said...

Go Amy, Go Amy!!!
well done, drive safe

Stacey Adams said...

It has been great talking to you... you sound so good! You are doing awesome!!