Sunday, May 16, 2010

Our weekend in Oklahoma City

At the OK City Zoo


Huddled in the Rhino exhibit.......


All of that is Hail!!! Some golf ball size!!



All that white stuff is hail!











My car is all full of dings from the hail! See that one????





Hail stuck in my car!


Our yummy dinner!!!


At the restaurant



So here was our exciting day! We left the hotel in Tulsa at noon, drove to Oklahoma City right to the zoo. Only $7 to get in. Nice place although we are spoiled living in Orlando.....
The weather was nice, not too hot....UNTIL a bad storm came! We saw it coming but didn't get out of the zoo on time. So they made us all go in the rhino exhibit. STINKY! We got in there just in time and then it let loose! Pouring and then huge hail!! It was unbelievable! I started to panic a little with the smell and no air and so many people.....but then the lady said there was not very many people in the middle of the building, so we went there and it actually was cooler and less crowded. We were there for around 30 minutes, then we just walked really fast to the entrance. But I stopped by the gift shop on my way out, of course....haha
We got to the car and saw that I had dings all over it from the hail!!
We went to the hotel, very nice!!! And their is a restaurant next to it called Salt Grass Steakhouse. The best meal ever!! We got cheese fries and bread, then we each got a steak and salad, I got sweet potato and he got mac & cheese. Sooo flippin good!!! We had the best server EVER!! I mean it...I have never had someone so attentive! But not annoying, you know?? We also got dessert to go, which we just ate. Me Key lime pie, Ryan cheesecake. Crazy good!
So the day started out annoying, got exciting, then ended yummy......
So tomorrow Ryan has his GM meeting and I am just hanging at the hotel. Even though I wish Ryan was with me, I am looking forward to the day alone.





5 comments:

kaj said...

Hail dings to match the ghetto window. Your poor car. Sounds like you are having a great time. Enjoy your time with Ryan.

Dalovely Damanda said...

LOL @ Karen! Your ghetto car is now complete! haha That's CRAZY! Tornados, Fire Alarms, HAIL??? It's like the "Plagues of the Midwest." If you see a swarm of locust next GET THE HECK OUT OF THERE! hahahaha Glad your day ended well though and glad you are enjoying ALL of that dessert!!! Hope you get lots more dessert before you leave. ;)

Latharia said...

Wow, you are getting all kinds of wacky weather! I'm glad you're together, at least, but this is just CRAZY! I'm with Amanda ... when the locusts arrive, run like hell.

Amy said...

LOL!!! I was thinking that too about my car! It has hurricane damage from what 6 years ago?? Then the break in and now hail dings! Poor car....I am going to call the insurance tomorrow and see what they say....
Thankgoodness I have not seen a single bug since I have been here. That would be the end for me....hahah

Diana Meyer said...

Wow that hail was insane! Stinky place to hide but at least you're not showing pictures of your dings from the hail!! Sounds like you're having a great time with your hubby - I'm glad!!
Thanks for sharing your trip with us via your blog...love it!